Sunday, January 18, 2009
Plans change
Just when you think you know where you are going, things change. Bill and I started making plans for our next two years...we were going to try to relocate to Maryland or Virginia to be closer to his family and I was also going to stop shooting weddings. We don't like it here in Port St Lucie and it just doesn't feel like home. Not to mention there is NOTHING to do here.

Then recently I have started getting inquiry after inquiry for weddings and such and I've been landing them which tells me maybe I shouldn't be in such a hurry to say no to weddings.

THEN we just found out that Sariah has been accepted into Lincoln Park Academy which is one of the top high schools in the nation. It's been ranked as high as 48 and I think last year it was 150 or something. Their IB program is in the top 50. We are so proud of her for getting in and feel that removing her from this opportunity would be selfish and stupid. It's time for us to settle down and stop moving her around. Let her go to high school, make friends and be somewhere for longer than 2 years.

Soooooo, with that said, it looks like we'll be here on the "Treasure Coast" of Florida for a while. God seems to be stepping in as we make our plans and telling us we aren't quite ready to leave...that there is still more in store for us here. We're now planning on purchasing a house by next year and settling in for the long haul. I know that I haven't made an effort to make friends because I didn't want to make friends. I don't WANT to like it here. I have just missed Orlando so much but maybe it's time I get out of that mindset and start getting out and doing more and meeting more folks. Maybe, just maybe, I'll end up actually liking it.


2 Comments:

Blogger Monique said...

aha! Thats what this is all about. Maybe you DO have a purpose there. Keep your eyes open for it ;)

Blogger Christina said...

Life has a way of working out in unexpected ways, doesn't it? Congrats to Sariah! I have total confidence that you will be able to make it home there now that you've made that decision. One day you'll look back and say with certainty, "it was the right thing."

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer